1. More than 500 American citizens have died after being tased, a device considered “non-lethal.”
2. The yearly cost of the War on Drugs to the American taxpayer is about $40 billion. The estimated cost to end hunger worldwide is $30 billion yearly.
3. There are more than 80,000 military raids conducted by police every year in the United States.
4. There are roughly 2.3 million people locked up in the United States with another 5 million on probation or parole. The overwhelming majority are for non-violent crimes.
5. UNICOR, an establishment inside the US Federal Prison System uses its confined pool of labor to produce war goods for the US military.
6. In 36% of US SWAT raids, no contraband of any kind is found after the officers risk everyone’s life and engage in reckless actions that cost lives.
7. An average London resident is recorded over 300 times a day by Big Brother’s video surveillance apparatus.
8. The only nation to maintain a higher incarceration rate than the United States is Germany … under the Nazis.
9. 97% of reported police brutality victims are people of color.
10. Every 98 minutes, a cop kills a family pet. There have been no recorded officer deaths from a dog in last decade.